WTHR-TV in Indianapolis features a report of a woman that approached Wayne Township Fire Department Station 82 frantically in the wee hours of Monday morning. The emergency? Her pet raccoon had been exposed to a large amount of marijuana.
“They could tell that the raccoon was lethargic and met all of those symptoms that we typically run into when someone’s been exposed to marijuana,” Wayne Township Fire Captain Mike Pruitt told WTHR. “It really left the guys scratching their heads that someone brought a raccoon to the firehouse at 2 a.m. seeking help, and especially with the condition the animal was in, so we hope that the raccoon made a full recovery.”
No word if the woman took the raccoon on a 7-11 run for snacks before heading home.
Story of the day! Our FF’s at Station 82 were awakened at 2 am last week to a person seeking treatment for her pet Raccoon. What was his illness you ask? The raccoon had smoked too much weed. Yes! It happened! As much as we love animals, there wasn’t much they could do. pic.twitter.com/lypHvrBZSJ
— Wayne Twp Fire Dept (@Waynetwpfire) April 16, 2018